2. Personally Identifiable Information
We handle in strict confidence the information that we learn about you when you visit our website. The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our websites or participating in other CORA services, activities, etc. We will not obtain personal identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information.
When you use the CORA site, our servers may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your "IP address") about your activities while visiting the site, including the web pages you view, the times you view them, and information about the browser you are using. We do not link browsing information to the personal information you submit to us; we use this browsing information for internal purposes such as to help understand how the site is being used so as to improve it, and for systems administration purposes. If you are a registered contributor to CORA, or have participated in one of our services, such as contributing materials or adding Comments:
- We use personal identifying information from users in various ways to provide the educational services and support you desire. For example, we use your email address to respond to your questions and submissions. We also use email in order to identify who you are and make it easy for you to be a regular user or participant in our services.
- From time to time we may conduct surveys of users in order to evaluate the use of our services, programs, etc. We may use your information to contact you about participation in the evaluation. We also may send you updates about CORA through MailChimp, provided you don't opt out of this when registering for an account.
- People may search the site's Contributors directory to learn more about registered contributors. By default, visitors can see on the user profile page a contributor's Name, Place of Employment, Job Title, and Email Address. Upon registering for an account, you have the option to check or uncheck the box if you would like to make your email address visible to those searching and browsing Project Cora. Visitors will see any other information the contributor elects to include in his/her contributor profile.
Member information (such as name and affiliation) is provided as a service for CORA contributors, offering a convenient way to network with colleagues. The data provided may not be harvested or collected in any other way, either manually or through automated methods, sold to others, incorporated into any type of database, used to generate mailing lists, or employed for any commercial purpose, except with special permission.
4. Sharing of Information
CORA uses the personal information that you provide to record and support your activities within the CORA site, services, to inform you about CORA and its activities and events, and to support your participation in activities and programs. CORA does not sell, rent or share any personal information that it collects on its websites or web-based services, or in organizing any activity or event. CORA reserves the right to change this policy and will give you sufficient notice prior to doing so.
We cannot ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be legally obligated to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
CORA has implemented and follows industry standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information. However, no Internet site can fully eliminate all security risks.
6. Removing or Correcting your Personal Information
As a registered contributor of CORA, you can login with your username and password to view and change your personal information. CORA will make every effort to preserve your privacy and security by verifying your identify when you use our system.
You may contact CORA at any time, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your personal information be removed from our database, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the site.